Making the Business Case for Pinterest
Social marketers tend to default to Facebook and Twitter for their viral marketing strategies, however, the statistics surrounding Pinterest are remarkable in showing just how popular the social network has become in a short amount of time and utilizing Pinterest must not be forgotten moving forward.
6 Stat that make the Business Case for utilizing Pinterest are as follows:
1) Pinterest buyers spend more money, more often, and on more items than any of the other top 5 social media sites. (Source: comScore)
2) According to comScore and Business Insider, Pinterest is the third most popular social network in the US and had more than 28m unique users a month. (Source: Business Insider)
3) Survey Finds Consumers Using Pinterest To Engage With Retailers More Than Facebook, Twitter. (Source: Shop.org, comScore and The Partnering Group)
3) Pinterest pins which include prices receive 36% more likes than those which do not. (Source: Shopify)
4) 47% of U.S. online consumers have made a purchase based on recommendations from Pinterest. (Source: BlogHer)
5) 81% of U.S. online consumers trust information and advice from Pinterest. Source: (BlogHer)
6) Pinterest generated more referral traffic for businesses than Google+, YouTube, and LinkedIn combined. (Source: Shareaholic)
Though Pinterest may no longer the hot new thing that it was for much of 2012, it still has too much potential to be ignored. These 12 statistics highlight how Pinterest is a bullseye for gaining user traffic and driving additional sales to your business. Therefore, it naturally makes sense for businesses to utilize Pinterest as another means for creating business accounts to help companies spur their visual marketing efforts further.
Please leave a comment below or remember to share if you like this article. Looking for a social media marketing company to assist with your internet marketing goals? Give us a call or contact us to see what we can do for you.
By Brad Fogel