Just as media advertising serves to enhance buyer awareness about your products, content marketing is a set of techniques aimed at increasing traffic for your website and boosting its result page ranking and domain authority.
Here are 20 brilliant content marketing ideas you can adopt in continuation of Content Ideas Part 1:
1) Invest in quality over quantity. Too much content volume only floods the Internet and may also result in slower loading of your web page. Some users are too impatient to wait more than 10 seconds for a page to load. Chances are, they will just abandon your site and switch to another. Make sure that you create quality content in terms of short but significant posts, relevant keywords, and highly attractive multimedia content.
2) Include a brief history of your company. You introduce your company by talking about its founders, the product’s origins, and breakthrough achievements. Wording is important here, as the text should keep your visitors eager to learn more about your company.
3) Include a profile of your team. You want to show the users that your company is made of quality employees. You can feature short bios to talk about their personalities, interests, and competencies. This also does a lot to boost your team’s morale.
4) Provide information about your industry and its trends. Users of your website are concerned about how your industry is performing. For example, if you are selling insurance packages, your market would like to know how financial industry trends will affect your own company’s standing. Show significant data such as industry statistics and market shares.
5) Feature your products and their profiles. Include pictures or videos that show how the products are made, what they can do, and their prices (if you are directly selling them).
6) Create an FAQs section. This should include customers’ concerns about the product’s credibility, how they can acquire the product and solutions or suggestions to any problems encountered with the product. You can base the FAQs content on customer feedback you’ve received from blogs, phone calls, and email.
7) Create a group or account in a social media site. Facebook and Twitter are among the social media sites with the widest reach and volume of users. Comments and “likes” from these sites translate into significant market information and form the basis for more effective marketing strategies.
8) Make it visual. Don’t just provide text content in your website, as most users are more easily attracted by images, color, or videos.
9) Provide tutorials. Text or video tutorials are especially indispensable for new users of your product.
10) Make it interactive. Your website can feature sections where you allow your users to click on particular images or keywords to see how a product is used. If you’re selling video games for example, you can allow your users to play one part of it for free as a demo.
11) Incite audience participation. Request users to submit their own blogs and videos. They can also come up with new ideas for your product. For example, you can ask them for recipes or crafting instructions using your product as the main ingredient.
12) Feature related topics or products. Talk about the nature and treatment of flu symptoms if you’re selling an antipyretic.
13) Include keywords that are subtopics. If you’re into pharmaceuticals, include specific terms for diseases or health conditions as your keywords. This will greatly boost your online visibility.
14) Write a landmark article or blog about your products. Your article or blog should include keywords that will lead readers to your webpage and enhance product awareness.
15) Announce special events and sales. This should not just be featured on your website, but also on social media and other websites.
16) Encourage email subscriptions. A subscriber gets to receive regular email from you about sales announcements and other topics.
17) Provide a decision guide. This can be list-style or interactive. It enhances feelings of trust and reassurance especially among first-time buyers.
18) Allow a sneak preview of your new products. This can also include offers of free samples to a specific number of users. Have them fill out a feedback form, too.
19) Respond promptly to blog posts and user-originated videos. This demonstrates that you are proactively reaching out to your market. Address negative comments politely and professionally in order to elicit a feel-good atmosphere from them.
20) Keep informed about other trends. Know who are the latest box-office toppers and hottest celebrities. You can use these as subtopics or even backlinks. And be on top of current exchange rates, lifestyles, and other trends which could also impact your own product’s market performance. Use the information to keep improving your website’s contents.
21) How-To Posts. Use your personal or business expertise to educate your audience how to do something. What matters is that you offer your readers simple directions that they’ll be able to recreate on their own.
22) White Papers. Do you have unique information that you could share with your target audience? If so, white papers make a great content marketing idea you should try.
White paper in-depth reports allow you to cover complicated subjects and place your brand as an authority in your niche. It also allows you to produce original content that your competition may not be producing.
A good example of a brand fully utilizing the potential of white paper reports is Gartner.
As they say, content is king! Give us a share if you like our content marketing ideas for your website.